small changes can lead to big differences.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hey!

Hey!
I'm still alive, but my computer isn't. The charger, after 4 years, finally died-  the part where you plug it in to the computer sort of unraveled, so it's probably my fault for unplugging it properly. But also, at the same time, the fan in the macbook is LOUD! It's scary. So I'm going to look into getting a new laptop soon. Until then, though, I probably won't be on as much, which could be a good thing, as I am realizing that there aren't as many distractions! Living life is actually.. FUN!!



In other news, I landed a job.. almost! I'm going back in on Friday to see how I like it. I will be sewing, cutting and pinning - perfect! - for a non-profit company called Chicago Lost and Found. I am so excited to start because the owner, Mitch, has almost identical ideals as I do - reusing junk, educating people in the arts, making items from already produced items, giving jobs to people who need them, etc. -- that's EXACTLY what I stand for! So needless to say, I'm pretty excited! However, it's located in Humboldt Park, which is a bit of a commute. I should be fine though, I have a couch to sleep on and it's not too far from the damen blue line (if you don't know anything about transportation in Chicago, ignore that last line) so I'm really not worried. It'll be worth it!

If you have time, check out their website!

Here is the Kaleidoscope tree skirt, what I'll be making. Each piece is hand cut, hand fused, hand pinned, sewn by a sewing machine, put together, etc. etc. - Very labor intensive, but that's what I like! Don't know why, but I don't really challenge it.

Until next time! 

-Marjie


PS- i soon realized, after posting my last post about Snooki, that it wasn't a coincidence - I think MTV was playing all things related to the Jersey Shore that day. Ah well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment