small changes can lead to big differences.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

what i did today

for a few days now, my mind has been racing and thinking nonstop about my ideas for my clothing. I am so sick of taking photos in front of a white wall - so boring. I know that it's the best way to VIEW the clothing if you're going to buy it, but seriously - I've had enough! So I called my friend jen and we went through my clothing, picked a few out and headed over to Bachelor's Grove (about a 2 minute drive away. We would've walked but we were running out of sunlight)

So we played in the graveyard and took pics and jumped around and found teeth on a grave. It was SUCH a nice day out, and I'm very happy I actually went outside and utilized the great weather. Here are the results of our fun photoshoot. Many, many more to come.

From 2010-11-10 grove
From 2010-11-10 grove

From 2010-11-10 grove

From 2010-11-10 grove

From 2010-11-10 grove

From 2010-11-10 grove


Now, I can't help but think that maybe I should stick to the traditional way. That seems to be the best way to sell the items. But then I realize that this is my future, this is my brand, this is ME. I don't want to be normal, boring, bland (no offense, sellers!) I want to be fun, I want my clothing to be fun and I want to be original. I want to have fun while taking photos, I want to incorporate as much creativity and I want my models to have fun, too. (so basically, FUN is what I'm trying to convey here) I want my customers to buy my stuff not only because the products are great, but because they see the message and they get it. I've never consciously tried to be just another vintage seller - I've always done things differently and my way, I just didn't know how or what it was that I was going to do - and now I found it!

so anyway, this concludes possibly another chapter in the "marjie discovering herself and her life path" haha. It's funny how you will be thinking about what you want to do, and you think so much about it and nothing ever seems to click. then you just stop thinking about it and then all of a sudden, a lightbulb goes off and you're on fire! I continue to surprise myself & i'm excited to see where I'll go next!

-m

No comments:

Post a Comment