small changes can lead to big differences.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

waste. nothing.

as you may or may not know, I am 100% devoted to an environmentally conscious lifestyle. I have always been, ever since I can remember- recycling, picking up trash, etc. have always been a huge part of my life.

I want to start a waste.nothing line soon, or more of a collection (not sure) but it'll include several items made from things that I find at thrift stores or things that would've been thrown away. I already had a few of my tote bags for sale on etsy (I have one more left) & they are made from recycled pillow cases! I washed them with eco-friendly laundry detergent and cut them apart to repurpose them into oversized tote bags, perfect for shopping, beach trips, etc.

Pillowcases are an example of something that is mass-produced and sold everywhere and if you go to any resale store, you will see rows and rows of them. I love feeling like I'm giving something a new life while saving something from the landfill.

Stay tuned for more items to come! Also be sure to check out www.chicagolostandfound.com - that's where I work and it has the same mission-  waste nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment