small changes can lead to big differences.

Friday, August 3, 2012

The World May Never Dance Again

Last night my friends dragged me to the Music Box to see "Shut Up and Play the Hits" - the docufilm about LCD Soundsystem's last performance at Madison Square Gardens on April 3rd, 2011.

For some reason, I agreed to go last week, but as time drew nearer I was like "ugh, I've only heard a few songs, why am I going to this?" but after watching the trailer, I was instantly excited.

You don't need to be a huge LCD Soundsystem fan to see this movie and enjoy it. It's fun to watch, listen and it's very moving. It makes you want to do something great. After the movie I asked my friends if they wanted to be in a band.

I highly recommend taking the time to see this movie if it comes to a theatre near you. It's only an hour and 45 minutes long, but it's full of energizing music and it is even a bit sad. You really, truly feel like something great is ending (which it did, because they're a great band), that the world will never dance again. Needless to say, I decided I'd get their entire discography after I got home.









No comments:

Post a Comment