small changes can lead to big differences.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

etsy > the mall

Ok, of course if you're here you probably love Etsy as much as I do. Does any other shopping website even come close to the epic-ness that is Etsy? Where you can buy directly from people much like yourself, knowing your money isn't going to a corporation but to someone's pocket to help them feed themselves or keep growing their business? The world needs less corporate power and more independent businesses, sellers, and people doing what they love. And as a seller, I can verify how satisfying it is to sell something I picked out, created, and spent time making perfect. It is such a great feeling to get the "etsy transaction" email. 

Anyway, that being said, I've been hitting up Urban Outfitters and other hip stores a lot lately because of where I've been placed to work, and while they have great clearance, I can't even imagine spending the kind of money they ask on something I can totally get on Etsy! You have no idea (or maybe you do) the striking similarities between Urban's accessories & clothing and the vast selection on Etsy. It's like they go to Etsy for ideas or something.. I don't know! 

So while I know going out to the mall or shopping is an experience within itself, think of Etsy next time you hit up Urban or Forever 21. You can get one of a kind pieces with history & character for SO much cheaper! and I'm here to help you do that! 





PJ by Peter Johnson for Urban Outfitters
Cotton/Poly blend, Imported
$88
Polar Bear Cropped Sweater in S/XS - $20! 


dancing bears cropped sweater in small - $30

Amazing Carousel Horse sweater in Medium - $36

Giraffe Sweater (amaaaazing!) in s/m/l - $42



No comments:

Post a Comment